Friday, January 7, 2011

A Bit of Sunshine in our Lives

It has been a dreary winter for many and I am sure, unless you ski, you can't wait for your summer activities. Today I thought we could chat about things that make us happy and healthy.
There are dozens of blogs and lots of information but sometimes we just need to refresh ourselves by doing things we love.
So this week choose an activity or idea, that will take you away from the everyday stress of your life.
I love flowers, most of the ones pictured here are from my garden at various times and places. We have a lovely atrium garden shop with a little cafe, what could be nicer than having a cup of coffee and reading a book and looking at the lovely plants that are there.
We never know what is in store for us and when I visited last week I purchased a beautiful orchid to give life and color. For have been going there for 4 years (it is about 5 years old) and I asked where our favorite person was, Larry, and was told he passed on. Larry was 42 years old, so full of life and light we felt like he belonged to us. I have never seen him grumpy or down, and his smile was fantastic. He welcomed each customer like they were coming into his home. He Died of a cancer that took him in 30 days. Maybe he had it and did not know it or showed no symptoms it snuck up like a thief in the night. What a great loss to our community.
To keep ourselves healthy in troubled times and to keep the stress level down, spend a day in the flowers, take in their energy, watch your diet, give up the sugar for a week, see how much better you feel. Take an hour walk each day. It is recommended that cancer patients exercise daily. Those who are weak can move their arms and legs, those of us who have improved do your best to at least walk. I have a treadmill I try to use daily but not always successful. The times I walk I am 100% better. It is a little cold here to do that at the moment, but if you are younger and dress warmly then it is good for you.
My prayers go out today for healing of you all along with your loved ones. I have some inspirational stories this week from 2 patients who have had wonderful success with their natural supplements. The medical side had done all they could so they switched to natural help and happily they are still having great success.
We welcomed a new baby great niece last night so the world looks more rosy today. May you have a great week and look after yourselves!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    thanks for your great information. My 79 yr old father has just recently been diagnosed w/ stage III Non-secretory MM...he's very ill, in hospice, but we've been giving him all kinds of supplements, inc. laetrile....just started poly MVA. His spine has totally curved, and he's got shortness of breath...very weak. I have questions for you if possible can you email me? Lizz7711(at)yahoo
    thanks!
    Liz Wiseman, Ann Arbor, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get my email you can log onto my website healingcancernaturally.net and email me thru there.

    ReplyDelete