Wednesday, April 20, 2011

HAPPY EASTER - SPRING RENEWAL


This is Easter week and many will celebrate and others will just eat chocolate bunnies and eggs and laugh and play.
Whatever your belief this is a time for renewal, it is Springtime, new beginnings and rejoicing.
These are my Easter treasures and it is so nice to leave the dreary winter behind.
My arm is healing but I did find the radiation affected one side of the arm much harder than the other. Where I put the oil religiously -Lavender- hardly any burn, where I did not a large burn area with swelling.
I am thankful that the disease can be stopped in its tracks and I will eventually return to a normal life that includes activity and fun.
I read this week of a lady with cancer, who seems to be in remission or at least not that active anymore, who had this dreaded disease come upon her 9 years ago. Well she fought thru it and conquered. Unfortunately she is holding resentments from 9 years ago. She is bitter and cannot let it go that a lot of her family did not rally around her in the hospital, or travel to see her. She has seen counselors but has no resolution. This is so sad as that dear soul has a choice to forgive or hold onto her angst. The relatives may have been wrong but one cannot hope to be happy and well when hanging on to resentments for that long.
It is not always easy to forgive but we are so much happier and healthier when we do.
We can even find joy in that act and pass it on. Bringing this up all the time only alienates the family more. I felt sorry for her but can only hope she realizes it is in her power to forgive and forget.
Often when cancer strikes a family, many friends and family members turn away. They cannot handle it and often react in very negative ways. This is not uncommon and I am sure nearly every cancer patient has had this experience. I would love to hear from you if it happened to you. Yes it happened to me but I just did not take much notice. As a nurse I have seen it in the extreme where husbands left their wife and little children, while the wife was in the hospital. God loves us all and forgives and we can take his healing spirit and do the same for others.
Have a happy Easter!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about this type of thing a number of times and consider myself very fortunate that it didn't happen to me. If anything it brought me closer to friends and family (excluding the mother in law of course - it gave me a valid reason to kick her into touch) ;D

    ReplyDelete