Friday, April 1, 2011

Fellow MM Journey-Persons and Spring

Wisteria a lovely Spring flower but unfortunately not in this cold climate, this is my friends garden in CA. Does not like our colder climate.
Another week flown by and only one more radiation treatment on Monday, the evil Multiple Myeloma has been sent back to jail and I hope it stays behind lock and key. This radiation has not been too bad and I did not have to take the steroids. A slight radiation burn but Young Living Lavender has taken care of that. I apply it daily after treatment. The doctor told me that if something is added before treatment the radiation is more intense.
I still have my fractured radius but the pain is waaaay less. I have been reading my fellow Multiple Myeloma suffers blogs. Not everyone is having as easy as me. This disease is so insidious and so little is known about it.
Don't forget to visit my WEBSITE www.healingcancernaturally.net
Now this week Geraldine Ferraro passed on due to this disease, in many papers they said a "blood Cancer". Why because very few people know what this disease is all about. She fought it for 13 years which is pretty good. The life expectancy of MM patients used to be 3 years, with better diagnosis and some updated treatments, this life span has been greatly extended.

In my opinion, the hardest part of Multiple Myeloma, is getting a correct diagnosis. Often the doctors tell you that you are imagining this horrendous pain, or that it is a back problem, go take some advil. In many case, like mine, there are no or hardly any blood markers that show the disease is in you, thus you have to be nearly dead before they discover what is wrong with you.
I am what they call a non-secretor, which means that nothing shows up, till too late in the blood. Bone marrow tests are the only way, and in many cases they need to have one to show the disease really is present.
Many doctors have never been exposed to this disease and thus they just have an "off hand" manner is treating the ill. As the awareness increases, of this disease, the medical profession is waking up to the fact that for some reason this disease is spreading to a new group of subjects, namely young people.
This used to be a disease of 60 and over males and mostly of African American descent, not so anymore, young, old, women men are now showing up with this dreaded disease.
There is so much one can do to help oneself, this disease will return, so you have to start a daily regime of healthy living and strong supplements, to keep it away. Stem cell transplants, when they work, seem to give the younger patients, a much needed boost. The drugs help but are not the answer, so until they come up with a better plan it is best to be diligent in your own health and welfare.
Spring has finally arrived today, but tomorrow rain and cold, phew at least we had a couple of sunny days. My garden is calling, but need help to get it fixed, this one hand world is not working. WEll my friends I hope you see some lovely weather this weekend and be thankful for what you have.

1 comment:

  1. I just love wisteria - it's one of my favourite flowers - up there with peonies and magnolia. :D

    ReplyDelete