Monday, March 7, 2011

Be Thankful Each Day.Family & Pets need our help!

It is a cold wintry day but the orchid says spring is almost here. Soon robins will be flocking about and little birds diveboming us when we go out the front door. I can't wait.
I am seeing my daffodils and tulips pop their heads out of the ground, what a wonderful time Spring is.
Each day I am reminded how fleeting and fast life on this planet is. I want us to be thankful for what we have. We can always find someone who is in a worse position. Lately a lot of sickness and death among humans and animals.
Healthwise, we all struggle but it is our attitude that counts. If we believe we can overcome, then we can. Meditation and prayer should be our daily watch Words.
I was out and about and several people wanted to know why I smelled so good. I had applied essential oils (these are made from plants, trees and shrubs) and do not like the chemical perfumes. Not only does one smell wonderful it gives your body a lift. People notice and they smile when they ask you what you are wearing. Something as simple as that can affect those near you.
The chemicals in our shampoo, toothpaste, perfume, deodorant are killing us. I use natural Lavender Shampoo, I use peppermint deodorant, cornstarch for body powder, and avoid toxic substances as much as possible.
I clean the house with baking soda for scrubbing, add Lemon Oil to my floor washing water, make a mixture of vinegar, ammonia, and soap to clean the windows and blinds. Staying healthy takes work.
I love the essential oils. Lavender on your pillow to sleep, peppermint for an upset stomach, and Lavender and peppermint help reduce pain.
These things I am thankful for.
What did we use before all the modern things were invented.
We are told only give your dog "dog food" What do you think dogs ate before dog food was invented. Raw meat, grains and bones. Human table food has become very contaminated so unless you have natural or organic food it may be wise to make your own dog food. So be thankful for you family, friends and Pets, they all bring us Joy and love. Yes we all have that one or two in our lives who make it harder but that is what thankfulness is all about. A chance to overlook the negative and concentrate on the positive.

1 comment:

  1. I used to find peppermint oil very soothing for my head and neck during migraines. It didn't get rid of the headache but certainly soothed it. :D

    ReplyDelete