Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Essential Oils That Heal and Make you feel Good.


Many ancient cultures used essential oils or aromatic oils, as they knew them. To heal, cleanse, cook with, and improve their lives. The Egyptians used these aromatic oils in many of their temple rituals. They considered them sacred and placed them in alabaster pots.When king Tut's tomb was opened a huge amount of aromatic oils were found, they were still in excellent condition.
in 1817 a papyrus was discovered and it contained hundreds of cures, prescriptions and remedies. Frankincense and Myrrh were mentioned several times in the bible, it was used for embalming because it helped prevent bacterial growth. The Qu'ran also mentions these oils and ways to heal. In the late 19th century these oils became more popular as they did not have antibiotics or things we have today. This probably was a good thing as many infections, wounds and sores during world war one.
In 1920 Rene'maurice Gattefosee' was working in his lab and severely burnt his arm, he plunged it into a vat of what he thought was water, instead it was pure lavender extract, to his amazement the pain let up very quickly and he put this on for several days, and the burn did not leave a scar.
These pioneers and others have used these oils for antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic purposes. Today we are just beginning to understand their uses. A lost art has been rediscovered.
In Europe these natural substances can be purchased from the shelf of any pharmacy. When travelling I have used many of these items. Lemon oils for cold or chest congestion and taken a drop or two in a capsule or put in water.
Frankincense is a wonderful oil and it originated in Somalia, and in the middle east is considered the holy anointing oil. I have used it for nerve pain, stress, and it elevates the mind and the immune system benefits. I had a ?sinus tumor with cranial nerve involvement, last year, I did have pain pills for the excruciating pain, but only took them for 5 days. I then rubbed frankincense oil on my forehead and face to help calm it down. I still use it. I am over the cancer but sometimes I have residual nerve pain, and instead of taking an advil, I put the oil on my face.
Lavender helps one sleep but also relieves pain along with peppermint. I travel with these oils as it has saved me many times. I use the young living oils as they are some of the most pure, grown without chemical additives.
I am severely allergic to perfumes and odors and most perfumes are made up of chemicals. Want to smell wonderful and not be overwhelmed with negative chemical odor, Use Oils. The The young living oil, Purification, when applied to skin or clothing or used in a diffuser, can dispel chemical odors and or perfume wearing friends who tip a whole bottle of these things on themselves. I am happy to say my friends now honor my request to stay chemical perfume free. The soaps used to wash the clothes are full of nasty chemicals and people believe they will smell wonderful using these items. I have to wash my clothes in a neutral soap and sometimes it takes a month to get this odor out. (I have dear friends who washed my clothes as a favor and used scented soap) I get headaches and nausea around these odors. A lovely young lady helps me clean my home, and she has constant migraines, as she uses harsh chemicals to clean the many houses she does each week. Our household only has natural products. Think of all the poison going back into the earth....
This Christmas time, give the gift of oils and be surprised at the result. Have a great week and I will continue to chat about the oils. My website is being updated and I have a lot of information on it so if you want to check it out..www.healingcancernaturally.net has a page about oils and I will add to that each month. Be well.





No comments:

Post a Comment